Check out this 15 minute mat based workout
Summer holidays beckon us and we couldn’t be more excited.
A lot of us will not be able to hit the gym every day due to tight schedules and lack of access to the gym so we’ve come up with a 15 minute mat based workout that you can do on your hotel room floor.
- 4 x roll down (big belly breathing)
- 4 x roll down to plank hold for 15 seconds each time
- 20 x half plank tricep pushups
- 20 x 4pt kneeling arm reaches forward (both sides)
- 4pt kneeling single leg reach back and 30 x LIFTS (both sides)
- Side lying 30 x leg lifts (top leg then bottom leg, both sides)
- Lying on back – 3 x 20 crunches (knees bent, feet on floor)
- Lying on back – legs in tabletop – 20 x toe taps
- Lying on back – 2 x 20 single leg stretch (flexion optional)
- Lying on back – 2 x 20 criss cross
- 10 x bridge – holding at top each time for 3 breaths
- Stretch for 2 mins
Try and complete the workout once a day to feel toned as you step onto the beach and walk straight back into your regular reformer classes when you arrive home as if you never left!