The perfect chilli blend to pack for a healthy lunch or to come home to after a long day
This chilli is brimming with plant based proteins, full of fibre and fresh vegetables to add bulk! It tastes amazing and lasts for a few days in the fridge.
If you fancy a variation add top with avocado and healthy home baked sweet potato fries!I added one cup of quinoa to the chilli recipe for extra protein and bulk!Its so good and free!
Vegan Chilli Recipe
2 tablespoons of coconut / olive oil
1 large red onion chopped
2 carrots chopped
1 red bell pepper chopped
4 cloves of garlic crushed
1 red chilli pepper chopped (or 2 tablespoons of chilli powder)
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
2 cups of vegetable stock
1 can diced tomato in juice
2 tins of black beans (I use dried beans and cook them for an hour and a half)
1 can kidney beans
1 handful of coriander
- Add oil to a heavy bottomed saucepan and bring to heat.
- Add onion, carrots and red pepper and cook for 8 minutes
- Add garlic, spices and herbs and mix well for 1 minutes
- Add stock, tomatoes, beans and bring to heat and after reduce to a light simmer for 30 minutes.
- Take off the heat & remove cup of chilli and blend and toss back into the mix
- Add a sprinkle of coriander to top!
Enjoy with guacamole, sweet potato chips or quinoa!