The best thing about this dish is that it is quick and easy, no fuss!
This is my “go to” recipe for days when I’m just too busy to prep something. Time is precious, so this is your ideal snack.
First off, I am not a vegetarian. I do like to keep a bag of Quorn mince in my freezer for when I’m too lazy to do the supermarket. It’s so handy! While it wouldn’t win any awards for its flavorless flavor, Quorn absorbs other flavors really well. It is also really low in fat and calories. You can also cook it straight from frozen, it’s a winner!
What you need:
- 75g of frozen Quorn mince
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- A thumb of ginger
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tbsp of oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- A few mushrooms (optional)
- 1 stalk of celery
- Iceberg lettuce leaves
How you make it:
- Wash the lettuce and leave it to dry, peel off the lettuce leaves so they’re like little lettuce cups.
- Heat the sesame oil in the pan, grate in garlic and ginger.
- Add in spring onion, mushroom and celery. You can add your teaspoon of sugar, soy and oyster sauce here too!
- Give it a couple of minutes and add in your frozen Quorn. Throw a lid on and let it’s do it’s thing.
- After about 5-10 mins it’s ready to place in your little lettuce cups and devour.
Simple, easy, delicious and fuss free, what more could you want from a snack. To bring it full veggie, just leave out the oyster sauce. If you want to make it a meat dish you can add in some mince beef or chicken.
To read more of our healthy blogs you can check here